Bali area reference:
- South Bali: Nusadua, Jimbaran, Tuban, Kuta, Seminyak, Kerobokan, Canggu, Sanur
- Central Bali: Ubud, Bedugul, Kintamani, Tabanan
- North Bali: Singaraja, Lovina
- East Bali: Candi Dasa, Karangasem
- West Bali: Menjangan
This page is intended for the minimalist among you. It lists the places of interest with a one line executive summary of what it has to offer. Print this page, take it with you, and once you are there, glance it quickly to determine where you should go next. Let us know if this is useful.
• Batubulan: Daily barong dance performance, fine stone
carvings, furniture, terracotta pots.
• Mount Batukau: off the beaten path, virgin rainforests,
mossy shade of Pura Luhur temple, serenity.
• Bedugul: highland retreat by the lake, crater,
watersports, quality fruits and vegetables.
• Besakih Temple: Mother Temple on Mount Agung, huge
complex of shrines, majestic.
• Candi Dasa: quiet newest resort area, snorkeling, diving,
• Celuk: silver and gold jewelry.
• Denpasar: rebuilt ancient city, art center, museum,
• Goa Gajah (Elephant Cave): 8th century archaelogical
mystery, Buddhist inscriptions and carvings, elephant head
• Goa Lawah (Bat Cave): One-thousand year old Shiva
temple, millions of fruit bats cover the ceiling.
• Jimbaran: Southwest Bali, fisherman village, beach,
• Kintamani: Mountainous, spectacular view by Lake Batur,
sunrise at peak of Mount Batur.
• Klungkung: Old Palaces, Kertha Gosa Hall of Justice
(painted ceiling a la Sistine Chapel).
• Kuta: surfing, beaches, sunsets, night life, shops of
• Lovina: North near Singaraja, still waters, dolphin watch.
• Negara: West Bali, water buffalo races (Jul - Oct).
• Nusa Dua : luxurious resorts, diving and surfing, beaches,
golf course, shops
• Nusa Lembongan: Bali's sister island, coral and sand
beaches, crystal clear water, surfing.
• Sangeh: Monkey Forest, tall nutmeg trees, aggressive
• Sanur: First resort of Bali, beaches, black and white
• Singaraja: North Bali, main port during colonial time,
quiet, culturally distinctive.
• Tabanan: mountains, rice field terraces, black sand
beaches, rain forests.
• Tampaksiring: wood carving, Tirta Empul temple and
sacred spring water, Sukarno's Palace.
• Tanah Lot: Dramatic ocean front temple,
spectacular sunset, snake filled cave.
• Tenganan: East Bali, village of Bali Aga, wonderful fabrics
• Tirta Gangga: East Bali, water palace bathing place.
• Trunyan: Lake Batur village, accessible only by boat,
Bali Aga, the dead by a sacred tree.
• Ubud: Haven for the arts, paintings, lush rice fields,
museums, galleries, dances.
• Uluwatu: Spectacular temple on a cliff, real challenging